Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sunday, July 7, 2013

my life with no 'poo

Don't judge me - I had only been awake for about five minutes.


 I've been a little over two weeks with no shampoo, and I'm slowly starting to really love my hair.  I've been using this method, and I am very pleased with how my tresses are turning out so far.  I have incredibly thick, wavy hair, so going 'no poo was a major risk for me.  I was worried that it was going to cause my hair to dry out and fluff up, or just turn into an all-out Afro, but my hair is softer, thicker, and curlier than ever!

Yes, you read that right: my hair is thicker and curlier.  Who would ever believe that I would be happier with thicker and curler hair?  I'm discovering a lot about my hair by giving up shampoo - mostly that I can learn to love it.

My hair is fluffy now - in a good way!


I'm only going into my third week with 'no poo, and I've heard it takes at least five weeks for hair to really get into the process, but I'm not turning back anytime soon.  Yes, it may get a little greasy at times still, and yes, it may not smell like flowers and candy anymore, but I like it.  I mean, I'm really into it.  I am actually building a connection with those dead skin cells growing out of my scalp.  They are a wondrous thing.  


1.  Hair is going to continue producing more oil for the first few weeks.
2.  'No Poo requires patience - it will take time for your hair to adjust to the process!
3.  My hair isn't as frizzy as I thought it was.
4.  It will take hours for your hair to air dry - this is normal. 
5.  The smell of apple cider vinegar makes me want to vomit.
6.  I only need to wash my hair every four days at the moment.
7.  Cornstarch makes a very good dry shampoo.  
8.  Not having a smell in your hair doesn't mean it will be stinky.
9.  Thicker hair is not always a bad thing.
10.  My hair is beautiful, and I can actually get along with it!


Happy No 'Pooing!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment