Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

diy wednesdays: earring holder


At some point during my Pinterest obsession, I stumbled upon a post in which a simple strainer was converted to an earring holder.  I can't quite recall where I saw the post, because the dummy in me did not repin it.  I did, however, manager to recreate what I saw and make myself a nice, colorful place to hang my earrings.

The process was so simple, even I could finish it before needed a nap.  I found one of these things (I don't even know the name - is that bad?) at the Salvation Army store.  It's basically like a flat strainer.  When I bought it, the thing was a really lovely olive green that probably belonged in the Brady's kitchen.  I washed it for good measure and then set about painting it.

Painting my new earring holder was probably the easiest part of the process.  I bought some turquoise spray paint at Lowe's and went to town.  Once it was dry, I hung it on a nail and inserted my earrings.  I will have to say, the one thing I'd do differently is I'd hang this on a hook rather than a nail.  It just might make things easier when you are taking your earrings on and off.





Enjoy organizing your favorite studs and hoops!

1 comment:

  1. this is so cool, i love pinterest :)

    life-of-libby.blogspot.co.uk xxx

    ReplyDelete