Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Monday, July 1, 2013

my hot pink lipgloss

I've decided I'm going to try for themes each week.  Like, for instance, Mondays will be Makeup Mondays.  Who knows if I'll be able to stick with it, especially with this stupid Mono crap I have going on, but it's worth a shot, right?

So, for my first ever Makeup Monday, I introduce to you [insert drum roll here]...
Don't you just want to eat this stuff?  It's soooo pretty!
Sephora's Ultra Shine Lip Gloss in Pin-up Pink!

I went to Sephora in Green Hills this past weekend with my lovely boyfriend and, feeling very spontaneous and brave, decided to let him pick out a few items for me to paint on my makeup-less face.  Of course, the first thing he reached for was a tube of bright pink Tarte lipstick.  Mistaking him for crazy, I tried some on, just to be silly (taking extra precautions to not spread my Mono to the rest of the world).  "Wow," he said, "That color is sexy."  Normally when Robert tells me something looks "sexy", I either look like a hooker or a clown, so I really didn't pay attention to anything he said and kept shopping; however, upon looking in the mirror, I was instantly drawn to the color.  I'm not usually one to be drawn toward bright pinks, but I was loving the way my lips looked in my reflection!

Of course, being the frugal person that I am, and being way too lazy to balance my bank account and save up for the expensive lipstick, I marched my boyfriend over to the Sephora brand makeup (read: the cheaper stuff) and showed him a selection of lip glosses.  We both settled on the "pin-up pink" color, and away we went, both of us satisfied.

I'm loving the shine!
 Check out how sassy my lips look!  Being a lazy girl, I love that lip gloss is such an easy step to change the look of my makeup.  I am really big on neutral colors right now (mostly because other colors would require more work), and this bright pink is the perfect way to add a pop of color to my routine.  I love the shine and brilliance of the pink.  And this stuff lasts - I even had to wipe it off to scarf down eat my powdered donuts this morning (the pink with white speckles wasn't a good look).  I never thought hot pink would be versatile, but I wore a red dress today, and it surprisingly did not clash with my lips.  I'm thinking I'll be buying more as far as bright colors in the lip department go.

Here's to some pin-up lips!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment