Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sunday, June 23, 2013

i don't wash my face

Let me clarify: I don't wash my face with face wash.  For almost 9 (yes, nine) months now I have used nothing by coconut oil on my face to get my grease, grime, and makeup off.  It sounds nasty, but it works.  My face has never felt smoother or softer, and I have not had one breakout since starting this routine.

Coconut oil is a miracle supplement to the normal routine of washing my face.  I have incredibly dry skin (like, so dry I could peel flakes off in the middle of a hurricane on South Beach in Miami), and nothing I have ever tried could prevent the inevitable peeling I would experience every morning.  No matter what kind of wash or what kind of lotion I was using (I was so desperate at one point that I was trying baby oil - talk about nasty), my face was dry.

Enter: coconut oil, the love of my life (sorry, Robert).  This stuff is so incredible that I want to shout it from the rooftops and sing my love every time I get caught at a red light with my windows down.  Believe it or not, coconut oil is actually an antibacterial, so my face is actually clean after I put it on.  Whereas before, I only washed my face two or three times a week (it was so miserable, so don't judge me), I can now wash it every night, and my skin really does thank me for it!

Since coconut oil comes in a solid state (you can find it in the baking aisle at most grocery stores - and you really should try to get unrefined and organic; here is a link to a product on Amazon), you'll need to run it under hot water to melt it into a liquid.  Make sure you have a cloth handy, because rinsing your face with just water is not going to get the grime off (and I find it most unpleasant to try to scrub a mixture of oil and water with just my hands).  I like to apply the oil and let it sit on my face for a few minutes to absorb into my skin.  Then, I'll take my cloth, wet it, and wipe the oil off.  This is the fun part, because you'll see all of the dirt and grime that has been collected on your face come off onto the cloth!  Once you've wiped down your whole face, you're done!  And the best part: there will still be a slight layer of oil to moisturize your face!  I seriously can't get over how amazing this product is!

Aside from the sheer bliss I get every time I use it, coconut oil is really easy to use as a face wash, and it's also environmentally friendly (just think about some of the chemicals that we put on our face when we use commercial face washes - yuck!).  Coconut oil is also fairly inexpensive, will last a long time, and can even be found on the shelves at Walmart.  I'm not sure how this would work on oily skin, but I'm at least 90% positive that if you have dry skin, you will seriously become a coconut oil addict after giving this a try.

Happy face-washing!

No comments:

Post a Comment